Saturday, May 12, 2012

I'm moving to Steve Harvey

Think Like A Man, is Steve Harvey's movie based on his book, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man. And though I may have to much estrogen to think like a man, I am ready to make a move. Since living in Los Angeles, I have had a 3 bedroom duplex right on Sunset Blvd, in Brentwood, a 5 bedroom house on Laurel Canyon, in the Hollywood Hills, and now I am ready to move again. I have always made sure to have plenty of room for family, friends, nannies, ect, but lately have been living alone and I must say, I'm not a fan. How do so many people live by themselves. I found a guy, Eric Klinenbergnew, a sociologist of the modern human condition, he says no people group in
the history  has proposed large amounts of singles living alone until now. Apparently, In 1950 there were 4 million Americans living alone (mostly migrant workers in Nevada and Alaska) and now there are are over 23 million Americans living alone, many choosing the lifestyle rather than be apart of a family. Don't get me wrong I like my time alone, and can do with out some of my family, but I HATE living alone. I like having people up in my junk, keeping me humble, malleable, and selfless. I like the intense process of giving and growing that only happens when you're in close quarters with your crew.
       I have a good friend, Regina Rice who is also boycotting living alone, so we decided to boycott together. I remember last year when Regina told me Chris Brown was filming a movie at her casa. The production company scouted her house and asked if they could film the movie, Think Like a Man in her abode. Matter a fact, one of the stars left a little note explaining what happened in her....ummm hmmmm, toilet, signed Chris Brown.   CUT TO, one move and a garage sale later I am safely installed in a beautiful Mediterranean home in Culver City with a family friend, her dogs, mine, and all love we can muster.  Chris Brown not included. 

Steve Harvey's Romcom was filmed here, but the next season of my life will be more about the sequel to my new book,The Rating Game, Match Book, find your exact number and find your perfect match. More details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment